Sunday, August 7, 2011

NC Part 2: Janine & Brian's

We had a party for Tho and Janine. Mom made eclairs and an eclair cake. It was GOOD. We each got one eclair, except for Thomas, who got Mollie's, and then there was eclair bread things topped with the pudding and drizzled with chocolate in a pan for cake. Thomas was a few bites away from finishing his first piece when he remarked that it tasted different than the eclairs. Mom sort of gasped and remembered that she had put some coconut oil in it...and tried to convince him that it wasn't like coconut shavings or whatever. Tho just sort of of sat there and thought, and then he ate the rest of his cake. I'm so proud of him.

We (my family, minus dad -- I'll get to that later [edit: actually I won't because I've forgotten] -- and Janine & Brian's family, and Ellie, who came with us on the drive up to J&B's house) went to this park and played around on the playground and Tho kept flipping out because of the bugs. And they were freakishly large and loud. So...we were going to play miniature golf, but Tho didn't want to, because of the bugs, so we went to this water fountain splash thing. The little girls went on the carousel first, 'cuz wet clothes aren't allowed on it, then they came and got wet. Sam was so cute! He would cautiously walk up to one of the fountains, spurting out of the concrete ground, just enough to barely get splashed. Then he would toddle back away from the water. He  turns around again and gets just close enough to get a little wet. SO cute. I couldn't get him to actually go touch the water, though.
Mom and I put our feet in one of the water spurts, though it sort of splashed all over my legs, too, to cool down, 'cuz it was so freaking hot!
Then Tho really freaked out and begged to go home so Mom took Thomas and Sam and me home. We missed getting cherry slushies there so I was really craving something like that. When we stopped at the gas station, mom got 2 lemon-lime slushie things (one for Tho, one for Mom and I). Thomas' kept dripping because there was a hole in the bottom of his cup, so mom had to get another cup to put the first one into. I tried to give a little bit of mine to Sam (and he excitedly took it), but he puckered up his face. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was really good.
Because of the hole in the bottom of his inside cup (and because Tho ate it from the top down), what he originally ate was a virtually flavorless crushed ice, so when he had the brilliant idea of slurping up some of the flavored juice that had pooled up in the bottom cup. He was shocked at the strong flavor, and of course he had to make me try it.
--------
Now I'm finally coming back to this after a month, and I can't really remember anything else. For the 4th of July mom got me cute little dangle-y star-shaped and American-flag-colored earrings. We did fireworks out on the street and my favorite was purple and white streaks, I forget what it was called, of course, but it was a pretty, interesting name. Anyway, I can't remember much else, so I'll just post what I have...

No comments: