Friday, July 1, 2011

NC Part 1: Rob & Angela's

So, ever since the end of school (last Thursday, the 23, I mean, seriously, why must our school be the last one to hand out summer vacation??), we (as in, my family) have been at the Drapers' (that is, the NC Drapers; Rob, Angela, Ellie, Eli, and CUTE LITTLE ROSIE IS TODDLING AROUND THE HOUSE WITH HER ADORABLE FLUFFY HAIR) and then on Saturday the Prices' (as in, Brian, Janine, Cora WITH MORE FLUFFY HAIR, and Sam who has SUCH A FUZZY LITTLE HEAD and unfortunately runs away from anyone chasing him down trying to pet his ADORABLE FUZZY HEAD) came to their house. It's been fun, except that I have to sleep on the floor. Even though it is a thick carpet and I have a blanket to sleep on...there are [virtual] needles stuck beneath my shoulder blades when I wake up. Ouch....
And Angela makes such delicious lemon sugar cookies!(lightly lemon-flavored sugar cookies with a lemon frosting on top...YUM!) Me gustan las galletas de mi tia...[I like my aunt's cookies].
Lily and Beth and Ellie made a store where people can buy stuff for real money! They call it "Shop to It", which I think is a [sort of] clever name and they made a whole bunch of necklaces and "thank you cards" and pictures. They take out this step stool and lay out the necklaces and cards and everything is 15 or 20 cents. (Why doesn't the cents sign exist of the keyboard?? I hate doing a $0. [insert however many cents]). Anyways, they'll take it out and sing/shout/scream "The shop is open! The shop is open!", but all of them will be yelling it out of sync so it's just a jumbled cacophony of excited squeals. (Don't you like my usage of my vocabulary word, cacophony? It seems as if they come in handy after all...) The aunts, of course, buy their little things and the little girls count up their money ("Mony pleese: cons only") and clink the quarters and dimes together. Then they leave it and whine whenever a younger cousin or sibling comes over to try on the necklaces or play with the coins without money with them.

3 or 4 days later: Hi. Sorry I didn't finish this post and publish it before dad took away his laptop. So I'll just publish this, seeing how I don't remember what I was going to write next.

1 comment:

Janine said...

Sam loves you, he just plays hard to get.