Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hershey Park

On Friday, we (all the band and chorus kids in our school) went on a trip to Hershey. The bus ride was SO LONG. But it was fun. We performed, and watched our other bands perform and watch other schools perform and listen and sit and listen for a long time. It was interesting to hear, though. The other 7th grade band in our school dropped the gong in the school, at the right time to hit it , but it fell off and made a REALLY LOUD LOUD LOUD sound. And it sounded weird. It was kinda funny, and we were all shocked. Then we listened to a whole bunch of other bands. We finally got back to the hotel at 10:30, and had a pizza buffet. I got sort of sick. We ended up with a "lights out" time of 12:30, instead of the planned 11:00. We had to wake up at 7:00, but I ended up waking up at 4:00. We had a breakfast buffet, and we went to Hershey Park for most of the day. It drizzled a little and everyone had fun. I sort of had fun. I went on one roller coaster and two rides. I'm not a big fan of plummeting thrills. I ended up buying a little Hershey's Kiss pillow, and silver earrings...in the shape of the Hershey's Kisses. We got back to the school at 10:00 (on Saturday). It was fun. And tiring. Goodbye. Good night.

2 comments:

LisAway said...

Wow! Such a major "field trip"! I'm sorry you were so gluttonous with the pizza (kidding) and that you didn't get much sleep. And that a gong broke your eardrums and that it was raining and you don't care much for roller coaster and...and... Just kidding. It sounds like quite an adventure. I love the souvenirs you got. :)

Evie said...

I wish there was such thing as band class in Poland. Ahhh...
That sounds like lot's of fun. Didn't yoy get a little bored listening for so long ? I got bored when I had to listen to all the preformers in the singing competition. Ahhh.. hersheys. Ooo. and those earings sound cute !