Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter and Other Miscellaneous Events

Easter:
I got a new Easter dress. Well, a skirt/shirt/necklace/shrug thing. It's white and blue and a tiny bit sparkly. [Sparkly isn't a word?!?] We got easter eggs with candy in them in our baskets, and mine was hidden in my school cubby. I had a lot more stuff to say about Easter, but I've suddenly forgotten everything.

Japanese...Stuff:
We learned about Ikebana (the art of flower arranging (I know I misspelled it)) and where the flowers point and how it's supposed to look natural and how it was considered a manly thing to do. There were other stations: Zen Gardens, Japanese Theater, the Tea Ceremony, Oragami, Candy Sushi. The candy sushi was really yummy, 'cuz it was Rice Krispie Treats with Swedish fish on top with a bit of Fruit Roll-up tied around it. Yum!

Cow Eye Dissection:
It was horrific.When they stabbed the eye this grey liquid squirted out. And kept squirting out. And it was disgusting. And I know this isn't very specific, but I don't want to go into much more detail right now.

A Walk:
It's my night to clean up dinner, so while I was working inside (and Mom was helping, too) Dad and Thomas and Lily and Beth were all running around outside doing freeze tag. Mom and I missed it, so we took a walk around the neighborhood and chatted about...stuff. Dried grass was all over the sidewalk and it kept getting into my shoes and making my feet all scritchy. But all is good now.

That
is
it.

Good
bye

leave
me
alone.

EDIT: Never mind, don't leave me alone. Comment!

2 comments:

Susan said...

How do you expect to get comments when you end your post "leave me alone"?!?!?
I enjoyed our walk. We'll do it again.

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Tyra, and I'm glad you got a new Sunday outfit! Maybe I can go on a walk with you when I come to visit. Love, GrandmaLinda