Thursday, November 19, 2009

Extra Things I Do, Part of a Story, and Other Stuff

I don't know why I'm doing this...it's just something to do, I guess. So, these are the extra things that I do that I am not "forced" to do...

  • school chorus/choir (I'm a soprano)
  • school band (I play the flute)
  • school writing group (the Husky News Hounds)
  • church choir (might be quitting--I'm new)
  • Science Bowl
  • Math Olympiads
  • TAG
So, um, also I am working on a story...one that is 20 (handwritten) pages long, 11 chapters, and my poetic brain has been rusting. Whatever. On to the next stuff...

BOOM!!!

Okay, I feel kind of lopsided right now, sorry, 'cuz I woke up at 6:57 (an hour earlier than normal) and it is 9:04 and now I am starting to sound weird.
This is beginning to remind me of a story I wrote for school, here is a summary:

There are these people on this tiny planet that doesn't spin. They all live on the bright side, and they are all afraid of the dark. Then one day, the planet starts spinning, and the people chase their sun over the horizon because they don't want to be left in the dark. It starts spinning faster and faster and half the people go insane or run themselves to death (or die of fright). The other half get used to the blinking lights, but then they get chucked out of the atmosphere because the planet is spinning so fast, and they think they are going to suffocate when they land on Earth.

Yeah, right. So fake.Weird. I had to write it when the lights went off in the school, and my teacher had us write stories about something to do with scary stuff or dark stuff. Mine didn't turn out so good. Whatever!

Bye!

2 comments:

Janine said...

sounds like a funny planet. I don't think I could run fast enough to keep up with the sun-- in fact I know it!

LisAway said...

What a neat story! It totally had images of it in my mind.

And if Evie and David ever woke up that late (6:57) there would be much craziness getting ready. (they have to wake up at about 6:30 to leave for school at 7:40 at the latest).

Really do love your story.